Rural Aging Initiative
From January 2017 through December 2019, the Northland Foundation is undertaking Phase II of the Rural Aging Initiative to strengthen capacity among nonprofit and community based services, and promote collaboration and innovation to help older adults in our region to age in place. For more information about the Rural Aging Initiative, please contact Zane Bail, Director of Development and Special Projects at the Northland Foundation. The components of Phase II are as follows.
- Capacity Building is providing financial and training support to 18 nonprofit organizations that focus on aging services in the region.
- Civic Engagement and Social Connectedness among older adults is being enhanced through support for the 16 AGE to age: bringing generations together sites in the region.
- The Aging Innovations Program is designed to spur fresh, inventive approaches to helping older adults age in place with independence and purpose in rural communities. The Aging Innovations Program includes competitive funding opportunities.
Aging Innovations Major Grants Round II: open through March 15, 2018
The Aging Innovations Program includes the following opportunity to apply for grants up to $50,000 each.
Round II of Aging Innovations Major Grants opens February 15, 2018 and closes March 15, 2018. Northland anticipates awarding three to five grants in this round. The Aging Innovations Major Grants are intended to spur innovative approaches to improve community care integration; utilize technological advances; support family caregivers; promote strategies addressing direct care workforce challenges; and replicate/adapt evidenced-informed or evidenced-based program models. Applicants will be notified by the end of April regarding funding decisions.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please email Erik Torch, Director of Grantmaking.
Proposals are submitted using our special initiatives grants portal. Before applying through the portal, please carefully review the RFP and related proposal materials linked below. During the application process, you will be prompted to upload a Proposal Narrative, Logic Model, and Project Budget (see templates, below) as either Word docs or pdfs.
- Adobe PDF Round II Request For Proposals
- Microsoft Word Proposal Narrative Template
- Microsoft Word Logic Model Template
- Microsoft Word Project Budget Template