Northland Family, Friend, and Neighbor Child Care Project
Are you caring for the young children of a family member, friend, or neighbor? This is for you!
People who are “Informal”, unlicensed child care providers play an important part in helping children grow, learn, and be ready for school.
Through this project, FFN providers in northeast Minnesota sites are encouraged to get FREE resources and attend FREE Play & Learn events.
Who Are FFN Child
Many young children are cared for by Family Members, Friends, or Neighbors (FFN) while parents work or go to school. FFN providers might be:
- Friends of the Family
- Neighbors in the Community
- Aunts or Uncles
- Older Sisters or Brothers
What Can FFN
Find and call or email the partner site nearest to you, or contact the Northland Foundation (see map, below) for free information and resources:
- Sign up for a Play & Learn event
- Receive free learning materials, books, & toys
- Find out about nutrition, CPR and first aid, activities, and more
- Help the children you care for be ready for school
- Learn about other services and supports
Play & Learns?
Play & Learns are FREE get-togethers for FFN providers, often with the children they are caring for. You can socialize AND learn in a fun setting. It might include:
- Make-and-Take activities
- Information on topics like child development, safety, story time, healthy eating, and play
- Connections to community resources and services
- Learning about Legal Non-licensed status and Child Care Assistance
- Books and other materials to take home and keep
Find FFN support in your community
Use this map to locate partner sites where you can find out more, sign up for Play & Learns, and get other resources.
Lincoln Park Children and Families Collaborative218-464-0588 email@example.com
Duluth Public Library218-730-4222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Duluth Public Schools ECFE218-336-8815 email@example.com
Other project partners include Child Care Aware of Minnesota - Northeast District, Center for Inclusive Child Care and County and Tribal Child Care Licensors.
Find more FFN resources from the State of Minnesota at https://mn.gov/dhs/ffn-minnesota
The Family, Friend, and Neighbor Child Care Project is funded by a grant from the Minnesota Department of Human Services and a grant from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation.